Friday, July 2, 2010

George Q. Cannon

If any of us are imperfect, it is our duty to pray for the gift that will make us perfect.  Have I imperfections? I am full of them.  What is my duty?  To pray to God to give me the gifts that will correct these imperfections… They are intended for this purpose.  No man ought to say, “Oh, I cannot help this; it is my nature.” He is not justified in it, for the reason that God has promised to give strength to correct these things and to give gifts that will eradicate them… Every defect in the human character can be corrected through the exercise of faith and pleading with the Lord for the gifts that He has said He will give unto those who believe and obey His commandments. 


George Q. Cannon, Millenial Star, 1894, 260-261

No comments:

Post a Comment